You receive an invoice(s) or utility billing(s) that require payment, follow these simple steps:
- Initial and code the invoice to the expense account to which it should be applied.
- Initialing is your approval for processing payment.
- Scan the invoice and upload to the DOCUMENT CENTRE to the folder INVOICES.
- COS will be notified and the cheque will be prepared and uploaded to the Cheque sub-folder in the Invoice folder of the DOCUMENT CENTRE
- Once printed, tear off the top third of the check, as per the perforation markings, and attach this stub to the corresponding invoice for your records.
- File the invoices in numerical check sequence, so they are ready for your year-end review or audit.
- Have the check signed by your Corporation’s signing officer(s) and forward to the supplier.
Pre-authorized payments will follow same approval process, and will be booked in the accounting system.